OPEN FOR BUSINESS
The City of Anderson is a thriving municipality of Upstate South Carolina and is a great place to start or expand a business. The City’s Economic Development Division has set out to make certain that your business is successful from day one and for many years to come.
Our vision for a thriving, progressive community that offers numerous opportunities to live, work, and play has shaped the strategies we employ for business recruitment, retention and redevelopment. The City of Anderson is home to a diverse blend of restaurants, entertainment, craftsmen, offices, shops, artists, and many residents; making it a great area for economic investment.
START A NEW BUSINESS CHECK LIST
1. Contact Anderson City Planner for special zoning restrictions
Planning Department 864-231-2222
2. Determine the level of building code improvements necessary to operate
Building and Codes Department 864-231-2217
3. Submit architectural, site, and landscaping plans to Anderson City Building and Codes Department Plan Reviewer. Once approved, select SC licensed general, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical contractors (as needed)
4. Obtain Building Permit from the Anderson City Building and Codes Department
5. Submit plans to the Anderson City Planner to determine appropriateness and property’s subjectivity to architectural review.
6. Submit sign application to Anderson City Planning Department
7. Home Occupation Permits
8. Once your building and site has passed final inspection (arranged by your contractor) you will be issued a Certificate of Occupancy
9. Time to get your business license!
Business License Department 864-231-2213
10. Set up your utilities.
Electric City Utilities 864-260-6347